Exhausted by an endless stream of news reports, without even the whir of the annoying dribble of March Madness to break up the facts, figures, myths and rumors?
Feeling cabin fever set in after only two days of social distancing?
Afraid binge-watching ten seasons of “Friends” in a single sitting may expand your derriere to the size of a 24-pack of Charmin – which apparently is rarer than a white rhinoceros these days?
Nervous your boss may ask for a video chat while you’re still in your PJs, the kids are in theirs and running amok in the background, and the dog is constantly pawing your leg to remind you it’s ok to open the door and let her out?
It’s time to take a deep breath, hit the remote’s Power Off button, and say thank you to Amazon for inventing the Kindle app and Overdrive for connecting Libby to our local libraries so we can still access books without visiting stores and libraries, which are mostly closed now anyway.
While I have not used Libby and cannot attest to its pros and cons, I am a long-time Kindle user and most recently a Kindle Unlimited member which allows me to download up to ten books a month for a flat monthly charge. I’m never without a full library books right on my tablet with the flick of an ON button.
The best part? A Kindle Unlimited membership is free for your first month – you can try it for the next four weeks of social distancing to get close to thousands of books of your choice. Click HERE for more info and to start your free month trial.
The next dilemma may be – What to Read? I’ve got you covered there, too.
- Included on my blog is a separate section of Book Recommendations, many with direct links to Amazon for easy Kindle access.
- Follow my Facebook page where I post book reviews, Special Deals I find on Kindle books – like $.99 – $2.99 – less than a cup of coffee, and of course the continuing journey of writing Eliza’s story. Facebook @ Janis Robinson Daly – Author
I hope you Stay Well, Stay Calm, and Read On!
I invite you to follow my blog for book reviews and to follow my journey toward writing my first historical fiction. More information in my Novel Synopsis. You can sign up from this page with the pop-up, or send me a note through the CONTACT page and I can email you an invitation to follow. I’m on social media, too:
- On Facebook @ Janis Robinson Daly – Author — Follow me on Facebook where I also post info on the Amazon Deals I find on books I recommend
- On Instagram @janisrdaly_writer
- On Twitter @janisrdaly_writer
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.